For more than a year, Dodge Challenger and Charger SRT Hellcat models — the fastest and most powerful muscle cars ever with 707 supercharged HEMI horsepower each — have stormed roadways and drag strips with acceleration blasts to 60 mph in the low 3-second range, generated more than 61 million sensational YouTube video views around the globe, enabled an entirely new generation of Dodge enthusiasts and now for 2016 have been rewarded with their very own Dodge performance stripes.
- All-new SRT Hellcat dual exterior stripe design adds even more Dodge attitude to 2016 Challenger and Charger SRT Hellcat models
- SRT Hellcat-exclusive dual full-length carbon-fiber pattern stripes provide a customized-from-the-factory look
- Dealers will start taking orders for Hellcat stripes in January 2016
- SRT Hellcat dual stripes have a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price of $995
- Dodge is answering enthusiast demand for Plum Crazy exterior paint with an additional one-month run of the legendary and limited-edition high-impact hue
“The SRT Hellcat models are America’s ultimate performance car duo, and these already legendary Challenger and Charger models have given Dodge more than the title of ‘fastest and most powerful muscle cars ever,’ they continue to drive sales records, increase brand profitability, draw new and younger customers to the brand and fuel interest across our entire vehicle lineup – achievements worthy of earning an exclusive set of performance stripes,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Car Brands – Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA – North America.
All-new SRT Hellcat stripes further Dodge brand’s instant personalization from the factory
Adding even more Dodge attitude for 2016, all-new dual full-length body stripes give Challenger and Charger SRT Hellcat models a factory-customized look. Finished with a carbon fiber pattern, the dual stripe design covers front and rear fascias, roof and deck lid, plus a tailored design around the SRT Hellcat’s signature NACA duct hood vent to emphasize both Challenger and Charger models’ functional yet aggressive design.
Ordering for the SRT Hellcat dual body stripe on these ultra-high performance Dodge Challenger and Charger models will start in January with a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $995.
In addition, Dodge has unleashed the full color palette with the all-new SRT Hellcat dual body stripe to maximize Challenger and Charger’s full personalization potential. The color palette includes Bright White Clear Coat, Redline Red, Pitch Black Clear Coat, Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat, Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat, Jazz Blue Pearl Coat, TorRed Clear Coat, Ivory White Tri-coat, Maximum Steel Metallic and limited-edition Plum Crazy Pearl Coat.
Plum Crazy extended for one more month of production
Given the exceptionally strong demand for Plum Crazy, the Dodge team is responding immediately to enthusiast demand and has extended the production of one of its most desired historic paint colors for the Dodge Challenger and Charger.
Initially, ordering for Plum Crazy was scheduled to end in December 2015. But exceptionally strong customer demand, plus the opportunity to pair this legendary high-impact hue with the new SRT Hellcat stripe, means dealers will be able to continue ordering the high-impact, highly popular color through January.
Since 1970, desire for this heritage hue continues to get stronger than ever – as the signature paint color is directly associated with high collectability and the famed “Mopar-or-no-car” legacy. Today, Dodge is offering Plum Crazy across the widest performance range of Challenger and Charger models ever, which includes:
2016 Dodge Challenger models:
- Challenger SXT Plus
- Challenger R/T, R/T Plus, R/T Shaker, R/T Plus Shaker, R/T Scat Pack, 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker
- Challenger SRT 392 and SRT Hellcat
2016 Dodge Charger models:
- Charger SXT (when equipped with 20-inch wheels)
- Charger R/T and R/T Road & Track, R/T Scat Pack
- Charger SRT 392 and SRT Hellcat