The all-new 2015 Dodge Challenger has earned a five-star overall safety rating from the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Five stars is the highest possible safety rating given by NHTSA.
“The new Dodge Challenger coupe further demonstrates our commitment to broaden the proliferation of advanced safety technologies, such as driver-assist features,” says Scott Kunselman, Senior Vice President-Vehicle Safety and Regulatory, FCA-North America.
- 2015 Dodge Challenger coupe earns five stars overall, the highest possible score in NHTSA’s safety rating program
- More than 70 safety and security features, including new for 2015 class-exclusive Forward Collision Warning, adaptive cruise control, Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection
- All-new 2015 Dodge Challenger starts at $26,995 (excluding tax, destination and title)
In its assessment of the new Challenger, NHTSA notes the availability of Forward Collision Warning (FCW), which features forward-facing sensors programmed to detect the potential for certain types of frontal collisions. If detected, the driver is alerted with visual and audible warnings.
The 2015 Dodge Challenger is the only car in its segment with such capability.
FCW is among more than 70 available safety and security features on the 2015 Dodge Challenger. Others include Blind-Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross-Path Detection, which was pioneered by FCA US LLC.
Among the individual crash-tests in which the Challenger scored five stars were front- and side-impacts.
“The 2015 Challenger checks all the boxes,” Kunselman says. “It affords premium safety and security in a stylish package that delivers a sporty driving experience.”
And it does so for $26,995, excluding tax, destination and title.
Building on the 2014-model’s legacy of honors that include Edmunds.com’s Best Retained Value Award and winner three years’ running J.D. Power’s APEAL Award for overall ownership enjoyment, the 2015 Dodge Challenger ups its game with:
- New 1971-inspired exterior and interior design features
- An unmatched array of personalization options, including a wide range of colors, stripes and wheels to create the perfect combination of fun, nostalgia and power
- Segment-first and segment-exclusive TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission, which delivers world-class precision and up to an 11 percent improvement in fuel economy, compared with the outgoing gearbox
- Significant new technology upgrades such as the all-new Uconnect Access system with standard touchscreen, standard new 7-inch multi-view TFT gauge cluster, new performance electronic shifter, Keyless Enter ‘n Go with push-button start.
Last month, the Challenger recorded its best-ever November sales total with 4,157 deliveries. That’s a 52-percent jump compared with the same month in 2013.