Audi today announced pricing for the 2016 Q3. The redesigned compact crossover now boasts a wider array of standard features, including front and rear parking sensors with a rearview camera, as well as an updated dynamic exterior styling for a balance of luxury and functionality.
2016 Audi Q3
The 2016 Q3 boasts a refreshed exterior aesthetic, with redesigned front lights, grille, bumper, side sills and rear lights. The crossover is now offered with standard 18’’ 5-arm turbine design wheels. Also available are 19” 5-double-spoke Offroad design wheels. Inside, the Q3 now features Alu-optic MMI controls, a new cargo cover and other elements for an enhanced interior design. Both the exterior and interior are offered in new colors, including Hainan Blue, Utopia Blue, Misano Red and Cuvee Silver. Adding to the wide array of standard features offered by Q3 are front and rear parking sensors with a rearview camera. The Prestige trim now features full LED headlights and dynamic rear turn signals along with the S line exterior package and 19” wheels.
- 200 hp 2.0-liter TFSI engine with six-speed Tiptronic transmission
- Front and rear parking sensors with rearview camera
- Panoramic sunroof with power retractable sunshade
- Audi xenon plus front lighting with LED DRLs and taillights
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Heated, 12-way power front seats
- Leather seating surfaces
- Audi advanced key
Design and Body
The Audi Q3 model’s coupe-like lines are an expression of its sporty character. This is demonstrated by:
- Low roof line, flat D-pillars, and a wraparound tailgate
- Audi advanced key
- Distinctive exterior lighting (full LED headlights and dynamic rear turn signals now available on Prestige models)
- Sharply drawn lines on the flanks frame athletically arched sheet metal surfaces - the defining shadow contour is the Tornado line
- The housings of the side mirrors sport LED turn signals
- Both the hood and tailgate are made of aluminum
- The signature, wedge-shaped headlights house xenon plus lighting and LED daytime running lights, which are combined with LED taillights, all standard
- The available power tailgate opens and closes electrically, including via the remote key fob, and swings up to accommodate the spacious cargo area
The interior of the Audi Q3 is spacious and comfortable for all five passengers. Its elegant, ergonomic design boasts superior build quality. Evidence of the premium character of the Audi Q3 can be seen in every last detail in the interior craftsmanship, in the selection of the materials, in their processing and in the tight, consistent interior gaps.
- The cargo area offers a base luggage capacity of 16.2 cu ft. Folding down the split rear seatbacks increases this capacity to 48.2 cu ft.
- Alu-optic MMI controls
- Standard LED interior lighting – efficient white light-emitting diodes illuminate the doors, foot wells, vanity mirrors, storage compartments and the air vent thumb wheels. LED light guides even accentuate the cup holders
- When equipped with the BOSE Surround Sound system, the frames of the woofer/mid-range speakers in the front doors form elegant rings of white light.
The Q3 comes standard with two front airbags, thorax-pelvis side airbags in the backs of the front seats and side curtain head airbags. Also included are safety belt pretensioners up front, belt force limiters and the integral Audi head restraint system.
Powertrain and Performance
Fuel economy values are EPA estimates. Actual mileage will vary and depends on several factors including driving habits and vehicle condition.
- Standard six-speed Tiptronic transmission
- Front wheel drive standard, quattro permanent all-wheel drive available
Optional Audi drive select system - allows drivers to adjust handling and response at the touch of a button. There are three drive select modes: Comfort, Dynamic, and Auto.
Chassis and Suspension
The Q3 brings more sportiness to the compact premium SUV class. Its balanced chassis combines agile handling and great road comfort.
- The Q3 model’s front suspension is a sophisticated design featuring McPherson struts with forged aluminum lower wishbones. The rear includes a four-link rear axle with a separate spring/shock absorber arrangement to maximize interior cargo space.
- Electromechanical power steering with speed-dependent power assist
- ESC with offroad mode and hill descent assist
- Standard 18-inch wheels with optional 19-inch wheels available
The Q3 showcases many aspects of Audi expertise found in our full-size luxury vehicles and makes that content and technological prowess available in a premium compact SUV.
- Sport package including front sport seats with extendable thigh support and Audi drive select
- MMI navigation plus with 7.0-inch color monitor included in Technology package, standard with Prestige trim
- Power tailgate with a programmable preset opening angle, standard with Prestige trim
- The Prestige trim package includes extended infotainment and convenience features including Audi connect
- Audi side assist uses radar to help make changing lanes easier included in Technology package, standard with Prestige trim
- BOSE Surround Sound system. This system features a ten-channel receiver delivering 465 watts of power to 14 speakers standard on Prestige trim
- S line exterior package on Prestige trim
- Full LED headlights and dynamic rear turn signals on Prestige trim
The 2016 Audi Q3 features the award-winning infotainment system, Audi connect, when the Prestige trim package is ordered or with the Technology package.
- Factory-fitted, in-vehicle Wi-Fi connectivity for passenger use, enabling the Audi connect system to deliver connectivity to up to eight wireless devices for passengers.
- The on-board MMI navigation plus system is enhanced with Google Earth maps for a true aerial view of the route.
- Audi connect also features real-time localized weather, news and live fuel prices
- Google Voice Local Search for detailed information about travel destinations, such as restaurant or hotel hours, pricing and customer review.
- myAudi Destination feature, which allows users to log on to Google Earth from virtually any location in the U.S. and download up to 50 destinations to the vehicle
- Audi also offers real-time Sirius XM Traffic information via enhancements to the MMI Navigation plus system (active Sirius XM Traffic subscription required)Model year 2016 Q3 starting manufacturer suggested retail prices:
(Excluding destination charge, taxes, title, options and dealer charges)
|Model||Premium Plus, FWD||Premium Plus, quattro||Prestige, FWD||Prestige, quattro|
Prices above exclude destination charges ($925), taxes, title, optional equipment, and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.
For more information on the 2016 Q3 please visit www.audiusa.com.